Fine Art, Antique and General Sale Report - Thursday 20th April 2017
Thu 20 April 2017
A larger sale for April with almost 600 lots forward. A large contingent of buyers in the sale room and plenty of interest on the internet throughout the sale.
Top lot: An 18th century joined oak Welsh dresser with raised rack sold for £720.00 (Lot 558)
Chinese items once again attracted a lot of interest both in the room and online:
- A Chinese blue and white bottle vase painted with foliage sold for £550.00 (Lot 209)
- A Chinese famille-rose inverted baluster vase sold for £260.00 (lot 153)
- A pair of 18th century Chinese porcelain plates selling for £200.00 (Lot 175)
The large selection of mixed boxes of items sold from £10.00 to £120.00
A range of blue and white ceramics selling from £30.00 to £140.00
Other interesting items:
- A Victorian silver plated three light table centrepiece selling for £230.00 (Lot 184)
- A 19th century French ormolu mantle clock selling for £280.00 (Lot 190)
- A Victorian stoneware jug with sprigged decoration for £180.00 (Lot 202)
- An advertising poster for The Famous James’ bicycles selling for £220.00 (Lot 518)
- A 1960’s ‘Olympic’ coin operated fruit machine selling for £180.00 (Lot 525)
A large selection of furniture met with some excellent prices:
- A near pair of 17th century back stools selling for £320.00 (Lot 431)
- A pair of 18th century back stools selling for £320.00 (Lot 478)
- A selection of oak chests sold from £60.00 to £230.00 (Lots 444, 452, 480, 484, 498, 502, 503, 552, and 553)
- A pair of James II joined oak back stools selling for £320.00 (Lot 490)
- An Edward VII satinwood washstand selling for £250.00 (Lot 449)
The next general sale is on 18th May and entries are now invited for this auction.
We have a special sale of Jewellery on Silver on 8th June and entries are also invited for this auction.
For more information on any of the above please contact Fiona on 01584 878822.