Keep up to date with the latest McCartneys news
Mon 30 March 2020
THURSDAY 2nd APRIL - SALE OF FINISHED HOGGETS, STORE HOGGETS & CULL SHEEP
(Please note there will be no sale of store hoggets or store cattle on Friday 3rd April. Store hoggets will come on Thursday sales instead. Store Cattle 17th April 2020 – see below)
We shall be operating Knighton Market on Thursday 2nd April subject to strict DEFRA Covid19 regulations.
We will operate on a drop and go basis for finished hoggets, store hoggets and cull ewes only. Open from 8am and Sale at 10am
The conditions of operation are as follows:
1. Farmers to drop their livestock and go.
2. Farmers are not to get out of their vehicles.
3. Market staff will unload and collect paperwork from the vehicle. Please leave a mobile phone / home number on the paperwork
4. No wash out provision. Everyone will home wash.
5. Anyone with a cough, cold or flu like symptoms is not to attend.
6. Those classed as vulnerable should not attend.
7. If possible please could the sheep be sorted into appropriate bunches before leaving home. This will limit human contact in the market and reduce human contact between our staff and quicken the weighing and penning up.
8. Please prior book in livestock ASAP and by 2pm Wednesday at the latest with Auctioneers Jenny Layton Mills / Katie Davies so that we can inform buyers of what we will have to sell. Please call/text Jenny on 07867 522859 or Katie on 07817 474241
The animals will be penned in every other pen to distance the buyers.
SALE OF STORE CATTLE – FRIDAY 17TH APRIL 2020 – GOOD BUYING DEMAND & SEVERAL PHONE CALLS FROM PURCHASERS WANTING STORE CATTLE – ENTRIES CLOSE – THURSDAY 9th APRIL AT 5PM. Enter at the office 01547 528621 or with Glyn Owens 07970 160898 or Jenny Layton Mills 07867 522859
Private Sales Register
If you wish to enter Breeding Stock – Cattle or sheep please enter with Glyn Owens / Jenny Layton Mills / Katie Davies. We will require a picture or video of your livestock. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep Safe and Stay in Touch. Thank you for your patience at this time.