Keep up to date with the latest McCartneys news
Fri 16 September 2016
Our latest public auction sale was held on a hot evening on Tuesday 13th September 2016 seeing the room packed to full capacity with equally hot bidding!
Eight lots had been scheduled for sale under the hammer but for some sellers then irresistible offers – also with exchanged contracts – saw two of the properties sold prior to auction as follows:
(1) A rare development opportunity at Mustow Green. Near Chaddesley Corbett sold way above its guide price of £135,000 to £175,000
(2) A landmark Grade II Listed riverfront former guest house along Severnside South in Bewdley sold well.
This left a line-up of six properties, all of which sold very well indeed in the following order as below:-
(1) 83 Highfield Road, Kidderminster – A 1930’s end terrace house guided at £85,000 - £105,000 sold for £128,000
(2) 15 Holmcroft Road, Kidderminster – A modern detached bungalow guided at £110,000 - £120,000 sold for £136,000
(3) 10 Raven Street, Stourport – A Grade II Listed townhouse guided at £65,000 - £85,000 sold for £86,000
(4) 33 Leswell Lane, Kidderminster – A Victorian Cottage guided at £65,000 - £75,000 sold for £86,000
(5) 7 Comberton Terrace, Kidderminster – A Large Victorian Villa guide at £125,000 - £140,000 sold for £125,000
(6) Old Baskerville House, Worcester – A 7000 sq. ft. Grade II Listed block of 11 apartments with further development potential guided at £800,000 - £1,000,000 sold for £945,000
Phipps & Pritchard with McCartneys Partner Nick Millinchip comments on the benefits of both Phipps & Pritchard with McCartneys and Public Auction in general as follows: “Without doubt the key to our success is by putting people before property, where Lots do not get lost in endless catalogues to be sold in faraway locations, thereby creating a ‘boutique’ style service with great attention to detail and in the world of auction – like many other things in life – a combination of careful planning and experience will normally pay off! Auction transfer guarantees complete transparency thereby ensuring that the property is definitely not undersold, in that, the market will have been extensively tested which hopefully will then lead to very competitive bidding and therefore a premium price on the night for our clients. A further nicety about this method of sale is that it will also guarantee a fast and secure no hassle transaction for both the seller and buyer underpinned by 10% deposit – it is the most transparent method of sale and a real occasion! As may also may be appreciated given the prior sales a seller also has the freedom to consider any pre-auction offers.”
Our next and final sale for this year is set for Tuesday 22nd November 2016 and now is the perfect opportunity to instruct us, giving a great lead time for comprehensive marketing therefore creating conditions to achieve the best possible price.
For a free no obligation valuation please contact Nick Millinchip (pictured above) on 01299 822060 or email@example.com.