Show on map
Add to Favourites
Castle Street, Hay-On-Wye, Hereford, HR3
A prime retail high street shop premises, together with four bedroomed living accommodation totalling nearly 3,500 sq.ft with cellar, off-road parking, garaging and large garden located in the centre of the town. Energy Rating D
- SHOP 25'0" x 18'11" (7.6m x 5.8m)
with double fronted shop windows south east to Castle Street with original stained glass, shop canopy to front, window north west, door north west with steps to:
- KITCHEN/PREPARATION AREA 13'7" x 9'9" (4.1m x 3.0m)
with window and door north west to garden, door to outside store, two roof lights north west, fitted double stainless steel sink and work surface, door to:
- HALLWAY 10'6" x 6'10" (3.2m x 2.1m)
(also accessed via shop) with staircase to first floor, radiator, access to cellar, door to:
- LIVING ROOM 24'9" x 9'1" (7.6m x 2.8m)
with large window south east to Castle Street, two windows north east, large feature fireplace with stone surround and hearth and wood burning stove, radiator, (sealed doorway to main shop), glazed door to:
- KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM 13'1" x 11'8" (4.0m x 3.6m)
with fully fitted oak fronted floor and wall units, one and a half bowl sink, De Dietrich ceramic hob and double oven, plumbing for washing machine, integrated fridge, tiled splashbacks, radiator, spotlighting, glass display cupboard, window north east, glazed door and panel north west to:
- REAR ENTRANCE PORCH 11'9" x 3'3" (3.6m x 1.0m)
with fully glazed elevations north east, south west and north west, door north west to steps that lead down to the garden.
- FIRST FLOOR
- LANDING AREA
with window north west, staircase to second floor with storage cupboard beneath.
- BEDROOM 1 13'7" x 9'6" (4.1m x 2.9m)
with two windows north west, radiator, double built-in wardrobes with storage cupboards above.
- BEDROOM 2 15'3" x 9'9" (4.7m x 3.0m)
with window south east, radiator, fireplace.
- BEDROOM 3 12'3" x 11'7" (3.7m x 3.5m)
with window south east, radiator, original fireplace with cast iron grate and timber surround.
- BEDROOM 4 13'3" x 9'6" (4.0m x 2.9m)
with window south east, radiator.
- BATHROOM 11'7" x 9'3" (3.5m x 2.8m)
with panelled bath, low flush WC, walk-in shower cubicle with glazed screen and Mira power shower, half tiled walls, electric wall heater, large airing/linen cupboard, window north west.
- SECOND FLOOR
Divided into four useful rooms capable of being additional living space. Briefly comprising:
- ATTIC ROOM 1 18'1" x 11'4" (5.5m x 3.5m)
with staircase to second floor, openings and doors to:
- ATTIC ROOM 2 18'1" x 11'1" (5.5m x 3.4m)
- ATTIC ROOM 3 9'5" x 9'0" (2.9m x 2.8m)
with window north east.
- ATTIC ROOM 4 10'2" x 9'5" (3.1m x 2.9m)
with window north east.
The walls have recently been treated with PVA.
- ROOM 1 24'8" x 10'4" (7.5m x 3.1m)
with staircase from hallway, stone flag floor, light, opening to:
- ROOM 2 24'10" x 10'6" (7.6m x 3.2m)
with stone flag floor, light, electric meters, half glazed door to rear.
- UTILITY ROOM 11'10" x 8'10" (3.6m x 2.7m)
approached from the outside, with Belfast sink, gas boiler, door north west.
- STORE 13'3" x 11'10" (4.0m x 3.6m)
with stone flag floor, power and light, window north east, access door to a small yard leading to the cellar.
A secure driveway gate leads off Castle Street down a narrow, but passable, private tarmacadam driveway to the rear of the property and opens into a turning/parking area which provides access to the:
- OPEN FRONTED DOUBLE GARAGE 17'2" x 13'10" (5.2m x 4.2m)
- Beyond is a large mature garden with terraced lawns, fruit trees and shrubs within a well maintained boundary.
The shop could provide an excellent income with a letting flat or owners living accommodation above and behind, or a letting unit with one or two letting flats above.
- PLEASE NOTE
Some of the photographs were taken before the former tenants moved out.