Property Manager – Long Leasehold Block Residential
Location: The post is located in Kidderminster & the post holder could also be required to work from any Phipps & Pritchard or McCartneys office locations
Reports to: Senior Property Manager
Probation Period: Six months
To deliver excellent customer service to the clients on your portfolio. To give support to your fellow colleagues and property managers where required.
As directed by the Senior Property Manager you will be required to carry out the following duties:
- Manage a portfolio with up to 30 developments
- Attend meetings with directors and leaseholders (some may be after the normal working hours of 9:00 am to 5:15 pm)
- Be the responsible person dealing with Fire Risk and Health and Safety maintenance.
- Carry our site inspection every 6 to 8 weeks.
- Prepare budgets and expenditure for your portfolio.
- Deal with telephone calls, emails and any other general enquiry.
- Answer leasehold and service charge enquiries, liaising with Freeholders, Directors, Leaseholders, contractors and assisting callers with routine enquiries by utilising and updating the property management system.
- Raise works orders (as instructed) and monitor progress to completion.
- Preparation and circulation of Service/Estate Charge demands (with annual budget and covering letter when necessary).
- Circulation of Year End Accounts with covering letter.
- Carry out amendments, additions and deletions to main property management system when required.
- Carrying out such other general administrative tasks in addition to the above such as filing, collating of documents, typing, mail merge, circulation of correspondence etc.
- Liaising with other colleagues and departments within the company and carrying out any other tasks and general office duties that may reasonably be required from time to time within Phipps & Pritchard.
- Any other tasks that may be required from time to time.
The Role of a Property Manager
Long leasehold block management is a busy department collectively overseeing the requirements of over 2300 clients. The successful candidate will need to:
- Work well under pressure and to strict time constraints
- Provide excellent customer service
- Be flexible with the demands of the role
- Be able to calmly handle difficult and emergency situations
- Strong organisational skills
- Work well in a team
- Good english and maths skills
- Must hold full UK driving licence
Please apply only in writing or by email to:
Sarah Browes, Senior Property Manager
Phipps & Pritchard with McCartneys LLP
31, Worcester Street
Closing date – 25th May 2018