Welcome to McCartneys Property and Land Auctions.
Here at McCartneys we understand that people wishing to buy or sell property at auction need the expertise of qualified individuals they can trust. We are here to help guide you through the process, making it a swift, reliable and pleasant experience to ensure you achieve an excellent end result.
With a team of professional auctioneers, we regularly offer a range of property types for sale by auction, including unconverted barns suitable for conversion, building plots, derelict cottages, residential houses, farms, smallholdings and land.
Our collective property auctions cover five counties in which we have offices including Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Powys and The Midlands as well as regularly attracting lots from further afield.
Why sell at Auction
- An auction is an efficient and cost effective way of selling property and if prepared properly with intensive, far reaching marketing and advertising, will result in the greatest possible exposure of the lots offered.
- Auction allows you to work to some set time scales when selling your property allowing you to plan ahead with more certainty than with other methods of sale.
- To maximize the effectiveness of the marketing, considerable thought must be given to the guide price, which needs to be tailored to generate competitive bidding in the auction room, thus ensuring that the best price is being achieved.
- Selling by auction offers a high degree of certainty that a sale will be achieved on a given day and, significantly, on the fall of the gavel an immediate binding contract is formed with a deposit paid.
- As no further negotiation is permitted the entire sale process, from instruction to exchange of contracts can be achieved within as little as six to eight weeks.
- Remember that not every property may be suitable for sale by auction but our professionals can advise you on all of the methods of sale available to you.
Why buy at Auction
- Properties are usually offered at Auction at a competitive reserve price.
- Auction is the most transparent method of sale, demonstrating public, free and fair competition enabling the purchaser to buy the property at a transparent, competitively achieved, market price.
- If you are the successful bidder you know that the vendor cannot withdraw and that the property is yours on completion.
- As with selling at auction, when you purchase a property at auction, you can work to some set timescales allowing you a greater control over the process.
- As the legal element of the sale is produced upfront prior to the sale you can proceed with a greater confidence when purchasing.
Buying Guide Selling Guide